12 March 2008

WB - bonus edition

I happened upon something unexpected at Penzey's yesterday, and since I have been a Penzey's customer since their catalog's were produced on a typewriter and read like a review of world politics, it takes a lot for them to surprise me.

It is named innocently enough...pork chop seasoning, but the little label on their sniffing jar says, "...makes everything taste like bacon!" I have not had the pleasure of testing the infamous kosher, vegetarian Bacon Salt yet, but this sounds like an interesting alternative. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, as I didn't think making my raisin bran taste like bacon would be a good start to the day, but it will be tried very, very soon.

1 comment:

Burgh Baby said...

You bacon lovers crack me up! I might to make a trip down and pick up the bacon salt for my husband. I won't like it, but her probably would want to make out with it.