06 November 2006

what's with the movie quotes?

I know you've been dying to ask....what's with the movie quotes under the blog title? I mostly stick with Bull Durham, because I love the movie, know nearly every word, and there's so much great material. Today, however, we're branching out to another fine film, The Big Easy. This is in honor of Dennis Quaid who happens to be making a new movie, Smart People, a few feet from my desk. For the next four days, a film crew has taken over our hallway.

The last time a film was made in my building I had a rather unfortunate incident with Robert Downey Jr. The movie was Wonder Boys and I really hope Mr Downey was simply stoned at the time. I had to go through the set to get to my office, then located in the basement. Only one way in or out at that time. I had to follow Mr Downey down the stairs and he seemed to think I was stalking him. Granted, I was walking with more purpose than usual since I was tired after two days of being told I had to wait, be quiet, go away, etc by obnoxious production assistants, but he need not have been so paranoid. It wasn't pretty. And we won't even get into the ridiculous machinations they went through to come back and film a few months later, requiring they put fake snow all around the building.

By all accounts, the folks making this film are being much nicer than the Wonder Boys crew. I haven't been yelled at yet. Mr Quaid's chair is right outside my door and I saw him a few minutes ago. We have been asked if his puppy could hang out in our office for a bit. We are well equipped for canine guests. I have a crate in my cubicle and we have water bowls and dog toys already. If it happens, it will be blogged!

1 comment:

Josette said...

Hah! I've never been to your blog before but immediately recognized the BE quote! I'm glad someone else remembers that flick! We used to watch it over and over before going to New Orleans!