05 November 2006

we have a cold

No royal we, either. Oliver and I are both feeling a tad on the crappy side. Sniffles and coughs, general grumpiness. Oliver is actually pretty happy as long as the muppet videos are on my computer without interruption. Unfortunately, they do not have the same effect on me.

I keep forgetting to report that Oliver eats pasta now. Since I'm doing NaBloPoMo, and thus grasping at straws, now is the time. I thought I was going to have the only child on the planet who would not eat pasta or noodles. It started at the school pot-luck a few weeks ago. (It really started sooner with him eating things at lunch, but as far as acts I witnessed, this was first.) He ate some baked rigatoni. I decided it was either the baked part, or the really big shape part. I leaned towards the latter since he refused the rigatoni if I cut it up for him. About a week later I made some at home and he ate it. A miracle, I thought. Tonight I tried another test, since he's been eating it consistently at school. Trader Joe's Mac and Cheese (the Joe's Diner version, from the Fearless Flyer) was on our dinner menu. Yeah, I know I could make it myself pretty easily but I feel crappy and don't have the energy. Sue me.

But I digress. Suffice it to say Oliver ate the mac and cheese. He asked for seconds. It was good.

Is this morphing into a food blog?

No comments: