02 November 2006

MetroDad created a monster

Since last Saturday, Oliver needs only a glimpse of my laptop before he starts asking, "Monster?" It doesn't sound exactly like that but that's what he means and I can't begin to figure out the phonetic spelling of what he is saying. This morning, he was asking for "Monster" before I had poured his milk at breakfast.

Blame it all on MetroDad. He put this video on his blog last week. On Saturday, we had to watch the darn thing every half hour. The original is one of my favorite songs, so the first 25 or so times were not that painful. It's getting a bit tiresome now.

Fortunately, one of MD's kind commenters turned me on to this list of great kid video clips, courtesy of Sweet Juniper and her peeps. I have since found more videos on YouTube, like Elmo and the Goo Goo Dolls and Elmo and Robert DeNiro. One that really mesmerizes Oliver is a video with Ernie and a cast of thousands. Now I can't get "Put Down the Duckie" out of my head.

Thanks loads, MetroDad. I owe you one. What say I take you and the Peanut to Westminster in February? You can educate me on the Korean restaurants on 32nd St, and I will introduce you to the wonders of dog shows. Given the celebrity status of the MetroDog, it's only fitting.

No comments: