19 May 2008

a good day for bad news

First comes this news about the Dove "Campaign for Real Beauty" ads. It just made me sad.

Now I get word that LL Bean is discontinuing its relationship with Bank of America, thus ending the steady stream of $10 LL Bean coupons I've been getting every month. I was already sad so I don't know what to make of this news. A very quick check of a few forums leads me to believe I am likely better of without BofA in my life (though I have had no problems with them).

Then, to top it all off, I came within a couple of feet of hitting a very large deer with my van. Urban jungle, indeed.

I should probably be glad I didn't hear anything on the job today.

3 comments:

Steve said...

There's a brief update here:

http://www.llbean.com/shop/oap/index.html?nav=gn

But lots more to follow soon. The program is simply changing banks and adding a big new benefit.

Jami Fitch - Cumberland County SWCD said...

Rumor has it that the perks with the new LLBean Visa will be better than the BofA cards. Can you guess who I heard that from?

I am a Tornado ~ proven fact! said...

Yeah ... that's the kinda day you wished you just STAYED in bed and dreamt of a BETTER reality. Why bother waking to a world of ugly especially following a pretty good day ... if you had a run of bad days and this happened - you are more likely to take it in stride!