30 April 2008

it's the little things

I got a shower today! It required waking up half an hour before Eleanor but I somehow managed it, my major accomplishment for the day.

Turned out to be a good thing, since I was interviewed for the local news later in the afternoon. I hear it was good, though that would require a kick-ass editor and I can't imagine one of those is really out here in the middle of nowhere. I suppose stranger things have happened.

Eleanor took about four unaided steps in a row this afternoon. When the tv news interviews me in a few years, when Oliver and Eleanor are competing in Junior Showmanship at Westminster, the only brother and sister finalists, I will be able to say that Oliver's first word was "doggie" and Eleanor learned to walk at a national specialty.

Tomorrow is the actual specialty show. I have a lot of grooming to do. Penguin may be bald by the time I'm done.

No comments: