17 August 2008

with apologies to Venus Williams

As usual, Oliver saved his best material of the week for Sonday. We were watching the ladies' doubles gold medal match this morning. Tennis is one of Oliver's favorite sports. He asked the names of the American girls and I told him they were Venus and Serena Williams. He's been studying his planets placemat of late so "venus" was not a new word for him.  And yet...

When CD came downstairs after the conclusion of the match he wanted to tell Daddy who won. "Penis and Serena Williams!" he announced proudly. I think maybe we've been pushing the potty stuff a little too hard.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sitting in my office laughing so hard the students are concerned for my well being. Hits should be through the roof with this one.

ClumberKim said...

I'm thinking my work here may be done after Suzy's comment.

KG said...

So ... when I was in college there was this guy in my class named "Fuq Yoo." Yes. That's right. It's pronounced the way you think it is.

*snort*