13 April 2006

old dogs and new tricks

Chewy, who is nearly 12, has a distinctive bark. Not so distinctive if you happen to have a house full of Clumber Spaniels, but for the uninitiated, it's a different sort of a bark.

Chewy's "Woo Woo" has captured Oliver's interest lately, and he has started to imitate. If I ask him, "What does Chewy say?" he responds with a, "Woo Woo" of his own.

Check back later for audio of one or both of them demonstrating the Clumber Woo. Click here to listen. Chewy is first, followed by Oliver. I have tried to explain to Chewy that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

1 comment:

yawningdog said...

I can tell which dog is barking down in my kennel by the sounds of their voices. I can scold them by name from the other side of the house. But, I must have never had a dog like yours, 'cause that bark is a new one on me.