05 April 2006

barfing baby

Another update to yesterday's post about sleep....CD checked on Oliver before going to bed himself and found the little guy had thrown up all over his bed. It was all over him and he was sleeping in it. Ick.

We got him and the bed cleaned up and all my "mama bear" instincts took over. We nursed and rocked and I put him in his crib asleep. I couldn't bear the thought of putting him down to cry it out if he wasn't feeling well. We didn't hear from him again until a little after 6am.

This morning he was clingy and fussy. He nursed, ate a little fruit and cereal, then had the most explosive liquid poo I've ever seen. A T.A.E. (my all-time favorite milk-out-the-nose post from MetroDad) if ever there was one. Not surprisingly, Oliver seemed to feel MUCH better afterwards. Still, I kept him home from school. CD and I are splitting the day work-wise. He's home this morning. I'll go home for the afternoon. Having his co-workers three time zones away has its advantages.

No comments: