02 April 2006

california dreamin'

The lack of sleep is really starting to show up in my dreams. They are getting almost as strange as the ones I had when I was pregnant. Last night, Dooce and Leta featured prominently, though I don't know why, or why Jon was absent. Anyway, they popped by for a visit. Except we weren't at my current house. I don't know where we were but I was supposed to be the "resident". It was more than a little bit creepy. Leta was adorable, as you'd expect, but Dooce didn't seem to have any more idea of why she was visiting me than I did.

The only reasons I can think of for this dream are that I recently listened to the podcast of Dooce and Jason Kottke's keynote at SXSW and I am obsessed with wanting to attend BlogHer in San Jose (which is really just a way of saying I'd really like to find a way to make blogging generate income so I could quit my job).

If only BlogHer were a few days later and overlapped with WWDC, which CD will be attending. We could have made it a family vacation but no, we miss by just a few days. If they were both a bit later they would have covered the week Oliver's school is closed, but nothing in life ever works out that perfectly. Damn.

No comments: