03 July 2006

sporty

So many sports, so little time.... I have blogged previously about the household obsession with the Tour de France. Even without Lance Armstrong, we are diehards. The racing is fun to watch and the scenery beyond compare. I will have to deny I ever said this but I'm just slightly relieved that since England lost on Saturday in World Cup, we don't have the additional distraction.

Especially since I do have a new event to keep half an eye on this year...Vic-Maui 2006. A good friend of mine has a boat entered in the yacht race from Victoria, BC to Maui. Fortunately, he also has a website and plans to provide daily updates. The race gets underway today so here I am at work, reloading websites for the Tour, Vic-Maui, AND the US Women's Open golf playoff. I get tired just thinking about all these sports. Too bad it doesn't help me break a sweat and burn some calories.

No comments: