19 July 2006

losing

It's been a while since I have blogged about Weight Watchers and how the quest is going. The news is all good. I've lost 16.8 pounds since the end of April and have less than half a pound to get to my initial 10% goal. Yes, I've still got 20 pounds to get to goal but I am now back to what I weighed when I got pregnant with Oliver.

I'm still journalling diligently with eTools. That simple act, coupled with a WW leader who I really have clicked with, has made all the difference. I am noticing changes in my thinking. When faced with coconut cookies at Oliver's school this afternoon, something I would ordinarily find irresistable, I remembered eating some bread and peanut butter earlier in the afternoon and decided I didn't really need the cookie. Yesterday I went to the candy machine, planning to get pretzels. They were sold out and instead of getting something else that would be high in points I opted to skip the snack entirely and have another glass of water. I still have to think through all of these choices but I'm making better decisions every day.

No comments: