08 July 2006

need you for a strategy session

I'll be flying solo in the parenting department this week. It's been a little while since CD has traveled, but he's got way too much of it over the next three months. That's another rant for another day.... He's off to one of his thrice-annual geekfests. Yes, there are two of them and both meet three times a year and never conflict. But I really will save that for another time.

Here's my problem: I have no recollection of how I manage to get a shower when CD is away!! I know I wasn't doing "night before" showers. Maybe Oliver was sleeping later? I really don't remember. (Could it be the sleep deprivation?? You think?) Lately he's been getting up at 5:30am (or earlier) and sometimes takes a quick catnap before we leave for school, usually in the highchair while I'm in the shower and CD is having breakfast. But I can't count on that.

When he was very small I could put him in a bouncy seat and bring him in the bathroom. Or leave him in the pack 'n play. I have no such containment devices now, other than his crib or his room, neither of which are popular choices with the little guy. Are nighttime showers the only option? I'm a little afraid the new shower will wake him up since it's on the other side of the wall from his crib, not to mention the high potential for bed head. It may be a good week to steer clear of my cubicle.

No comments: