28 March 2006

twelve hours, forty-five minutes

That's how long we went between nursing today. It wasn't nearly as painful as I expected. June was in fact busting out all over but it wasn't too bad.

Oliver enjoyed his "half and half" blend of the "domestic white" at lunch time and didn't seem bothered at all that we weren't nursing. Tomorrow I'll skip my noon visit to his school. I doubt he will notice.

In my perfect world his tummy is so full tonight that he sleeps until morning (remember, this is my fantasy) and we are suddenly down to nursing twice a day. I expect Oliver has other ideas. Small steps....

Update: I hate it when my predictions are right. Oliver went to sleep around 7:30pm last night, up at 11:15pm (nursed), 1am (daddy), 2am (nursed) and 5am (ignored - he went back to sleep). He got up for the day at 6:30am.

No comments: