11 March 2006

sear's repair....no, they don't

I suppose Sear's does fix things but first they have to show up. I went to their website earlier in the week, after discovering our oven wasn't working. It was easy to schedule a service call, too easy it seems. I scheduled them to come between 8am and noon today. We received two confirming phone calls yesterday. What they were confirming remains a mystery. No repair person showed up and my oven still doesn't work.

We got a call around 3pm from the technician saying he was finishing up with a customer and we were next. He asked for directions, which I provided. A little before 5pm I phoned their 800 number to find out what happened to the technician. I worked my way through their stupid maze and got to a human. He put me on hold, saying he had to check with their routing system. I got music for a while, then I was disconnected. I called back, did the maze again and got to another human. She informed me the office was closed. Sorry. No notes in your record. Sorry. Nothing can be done. Sorry. Poof.

Anyone know of an appliance repair service in Pittsburgh that actually repairs things?

No comments: