09 March 2006

project runaway

I've tried to resist the siren song of reality tv, and I've been extremely successful, until about a month ago, when I was sick. I am always checking Bravo to see if The West Wing is on so it was only a matter of time before I stumbled upon Project Runway. I was a goner.

You can't imagine how little interest I have in fashion (a 10 second glance at my closet and it would all become clear) but it's like watching an accident. You can't NOT look. Santino was the accident on this season of Project Runway. I kept wanting him to get Heidi Klum's boot but it was as if the judges enjoyed watching him teeter on the edge a little bit too much.

It was all good when I was watching the episodes while home sick. Alas, nothing is allowed to get in the way of Law & Order so last night I found myself downloading the Finale, Part 1 from the iTunes Music Store. Yes, we are a family in desperate need of TiVO....but that's a rant for another day.

Fortune smiled upon me, sort of, when Oliver assumed the role of Sir Screams-a-lot a little after 10pm. With CD occupied in attempting to stuff a sock in the little guy, I was able to watch the last half hour of part two, except for the last 10 minutes, when CD gave up. It became clear that a sock was not what Oliver wanted stuffed in his mouth and his father was not up to the challenge. I was forced to find out who won by reading the message boards on Bravo's website. Not surprisingly, I had to wade through screens full of crap before finding what I was looking for. My punishment for being sucked in to reality tv, no doubt.

No comments: