27 March 2006

cleared for takeoff

The doc gave me some really great news today. He's totally cool with Oliver trying some cow's milk a couple of weeks early. It's no secret weaning has been on my mind. Today Oliver was barely interested in his noon-time nursing. And he hasn't gained more than an ounce in the last four weeks.

I decided to be brave and call the doc. Love Love Love that man (and hope every day that he doesn't start thinking about retirement). We've got some frozen breastmilk that ought to be used so tomorrow Oliver gets to try our own special version of half-and-half instead of nursing at mid-day. Woo HOO!!!

It will be interesting to see how this all goes. I hope I'm not in horrible pain by mid-afternoon, especially since I returned the hospital-grade pump and the Pump In Style now lives at home. It doesn't seem to me like Oliver will miss it much. He's doing great with a cup. As with most things, he will probably find a way to prove me wrong.

No comments: