05 February 2008

not so super tuesday

Nothing terribly super about Tuesday here. It's unseasonably warm, and raining like crazy. The warm weather won't last. It's just a tease. I'm hoping all the bulbs I planted are ignoring what is going on above the ground. I fear they are not that smart. I had almost forgotten them, until I saw a squirrel digging in the flower bed this afternoon. Oliver found it hysterically funny that his mum was chasing the squirrels away from her flower beds. I was happy to do anything to amuse him. At least the rain let up long enough for us to be outside for a little while.

I'm watching a little of the election coverage but it isn't exactly gripping stuff. It is nice to see the race is tight enough that my vote might actually matter, once my state gets around to holding its primary. Still, I'm not holding my breath on that one. 

After a brief period as a "bomb 'em back to the stone age" republican, I now reside firmly to the left of center. In November I'll vote for whomever wins the democratic nomination since all the republicans make me more than a little ill, but I would be lying if I said the idea of voting for a woman wasn't a little bit exciting. That's about all I find inspiring this year. The process takes too damn long and wastes too damn much money. If they could find a way to put that money towards solving some of the country's problems, the politicians would have my undivided attention.

No comments: