03 January 2008

just under the wire

You'll see by the timestamp that on day 3 of blog365 we're already cutting things mighty close. I have a good excuse though. No, the dog didn't eat my homework. DHL ate my laptop. To be fair, I called them. See, mr macbook had a little problem with screen flicker, oh, last fall sometime. It didn't get any worse but it didn't get better either. The local genius said it had to take a trip to Memphis for r&r. I couldn't bear to part with him. Then the lcd got a crack. I suspect Oliver but there are no witnesses who are talking. So today, I finally put mr macbook in the box I've had sitting under the side table in my living room for three months and gave him to the DHL driver. He didn't quite have to pry it from my cold, dead hands but the hands? They were very cold and holding on with a decidedly deathly grip.

So here I sit, typing on a PowerBook G3, with a, wait for it, wired connection. My typing is only slightly better here than on my iPhone. It's going to be an ugly few days. And there's probably not enough chocolate in the world to get me through it. (There was, however, a lovely cannoli that gave its best effort...more about that tomorrow.)

Now I have to figure out how to get pictures from iPhone to Flickr without any intervening technology. And maybe sleep. Yeah. Sleep would be good.

No comments: