22 June 2006

bigger thinner hotter


I've been playing with a 15" MacBook Pro this week, a test drive of sorts, courtesy of Apple. I currently use a 12" PowerBook G4 and I love it, mostly because it is so little and light. When I was taking the bus to and from work, hiking up three large hills to get home, this was crucial. Now it's just what I've grown accustomed to using. Unfortunately, it's no longer an option in the current product line. I can get a 14" MacBook or a 15" pro. Dilemmas dilemmas.

Since turning 40 my vision is going to hell in a handbasket so the 15" screen is very nice. (Bigger, as referred to in the title of this post) Not sure it's worth the increase in weight but look at the photo...it's soooo skinny, unlike me. (Thinner)

The test machine goes in the mail tomorrow but I've already placed my order, despite being tempted to try frying an egg on a few spots on the loaner. (Hotter) The area between the top of the keyboard and the hinge were practically smokin' the other day.

I will eventually get used to all the things that are different, of course, especially the speed. It seems a little wrong that I should get one before CD. Seems like his employer might find a way to get him one, especially with all the travel he will be doing in the next few months. (Will rant about that another day.) This is just one of those times it's nice to be in control of one's department budget. It's a tiny little kingdom but it's mine.

I know I don't flash my geeky side on the blog much, but she's always there.

No comments: