03 October 2007

great lunch, mom

A little note from Oliver's new teacher was in his cubby yesterday. "Great lunch, Mom!" My greatest fear about this new school has been packing Oliver's lunch. For the first few days I went with hummus and pita (or pita chips), carrots, and honeydew melon. I decided it was time to branch out when the small thermos arrived so yesterday I packed macaroni and cheese. Apparently, it was a big hit. We'll try tomato soup later this week.

I found this incredibly cool apple hack when I was searching for ideas. I tried it yesterday but the teachers didn't notice it in the fridge. They found it this morning, but state regulations required them to throw it away. They did say it was not brown though. I put another one in his lunch today.

It's Parent Night at the school tonight. I'm looking forward to meeting more people at the school. I felt very connected at the old school and even served as the classroom parent rep to the Parent-Educator Committee. Now I don't recognize anyone at drop-off and pick-up time and don't feel that I belong yet. Oliver, fortunately, has no such issues. And people I don't know already know him.

Oliver's favorite teacher from the old school is coming over to babysit. We haven't seen her since she left the school a couple of weeks before we did. He's been talking about it for two days and can't wait to see her. As for me, I'm looking forward to dinner out with CD. We thought about trying a new place but it looks like they may be closing by the time we get there.

No comments: