12 May 2006

priests tonight, rabbis tomorrow

Two priests just left my house. I know the title made you think I was starting off with a joke but no, two priests really did just leave my house. One of them has been emailing me off and on for a few months now. It seems he wants a Clumber Spaniel to be the next "parish dog". He's been in touch with the CSCA rescue and placement coordinator, who insists potential adopters spend some time with Clumbers in a home setting before they can be considered. Hence the visit. He brought along another priest from a parish near our house. I'm not sure if he was looking to recruit or it was just a case of safety in numbers when venturing into the orthodox part of town.

Much as I was dreading it, the visit turned out fine and the priest had a delightful sense of humor. Penguin and Chewy both seemed to approve so I was happy to recommend him for Clumber placement. I hope he takes my advice and gets a young adult instead of a puppy.

Bar Mitzvah tomorrow.... This is more religion than I have been near in many years. I think I may be starting to itch.

No comments: