02 May 2006

dinner is at Eleven

It seems I was a good little Weight Watcher last week. I lost five pounds!! I wasn't expecting nearly that much of a first week loss since I already drink a lot of water. Most of the big loss Weight Watchers experience when they start the program is water weight. Once the body starts getting a steady, sufficient supply, it lets go of the excess water it was retaining before, when it was essentially in "survival mode".

On a related topic, check out this menu. CD and I are splashing out just a bit for our anniversary next week. I'm going to have to be a VERY good little Weight Watcher before and after that meal. I think it is do-able, as long as I don't decide to eat every speck of food or drink every drop of wine that is put in front of me. The beef with fiddleheads and morels might be a different story. I just hope I can manage to keep from embarrassing myself by licking the plate.

No comments: