22 May 2006

oh bother

It's a blustery day here in Massachusetts, but I'll take it over the weather I was in yesterday. Driving from the airport to Tika's house I had the fun of a nasty thunderstorm, complete with torrential downpours and hail. I was stuck in a 7 mile backup on the Mass Pike, due to a six+ car accident just before my exit. Bad enough in one's own car, I was in a rental with Oliver sleeping in the back.

I was rewarded for surviving the horrible drive with a spectacular full rainbow just as I approached the lake. It was stunning and I should have stopped to take a picture but we were running late and Oliver was very hungry and fussy.

We are off to a park as soon as Oliver wakes from his nap. Tying his hat on seems like a good plan.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I hope you are enjoying Boston! I have family in Haverhill, Norwell, Medway, and Charlestown (all around Boston). I miss going up there.