05 February 2006

napping MACHINE

Oliver naps rarely and briefly at school. A typical nap is about 35 minutes and he manages just two of these a day. This leads to his being fussy and over-tired when we bring him home. Recently he's been increasingly difficult to put to bed at night.

Ah, the weekend.... What a difference! Yesterday his morning nap was one hour and 45 minutes. The afternoon nap was a more typical 40 minutes. The morning nap today was two hours! And another hour in the afternoon.

I have blogged previously about my theories for why this is so, including home being way boring compared to school. I don't have any new theories. I'm just trying to enjoy it.

Of course, his teachers will think I'm lying when I tell them he napped for three hours today. I can live with that.

No comments: