14 August 2005

Home Again

Oliver and I are just back from a little vacation to New England. First plane ride, first long car ride, more relatives than we can count including a special guest star from the Daboo side of the family, the works. And finally, lots of photos! We even broke down and let the professionals at PicturePeople work their magic, with frighteningly good results.

We'll be doing some retro-blogging about the trip over the next few days. Needless to say, there will be a post about sleep. For those of you keeping score at home, I'll end the suspense over Oliver's weight....he gained 10.5 ounces during the 8 day trip and is over 15 pounds now. Say goodbye to the bassinet in the Pack 'n Play (and hello to the exersaucer now that he's 4 months old and holding his head up perfectly).

Here's my favorite photo from the trip, of those I have seen thus far. Various friends and relatives took photos and will be sharing. This one was taken by my niece Jami. The person holding Oliver is my brother Jinx. Oliver is doing a much better job of keeping track of his thumb lately. He still misplaces it occasionally, but not like a few weeks ago. Ah, progress.

No comments: