21 November 2009

books you've never heard of

As the holidays approach, all too rapidly for my tastes, I'm thinking about gifts. And since, it's November, I'm grasping for blog fodder. Put these together and you get my list of favorite, and in a few cases obscure, children's books. They all get a big thumbs up from at least one of my kids and most are favorites of both.

So here they are, in no particular order. Nearly all are under $10.


and last, but certainly not least, a few from Mem Fox:

1 comment:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I LOVED Bark, George. Now that my kids have outgrown it, I've put it away for THEIR kids.

Same for Click, Clack, Moo. Be sure to check out Giggle, Giggle, Clack, too. And I believe there's a third in the series. LOVE these books. Duck for President, too: same people behind it (I believe).