04 May 2009

I never

It seems the older I get, the less I have done. Almost daily I end up in a conversation, real life or electronic, about something else I have never done. Here are a few of the latest:
  • I have never been to White Castle (or "Chateau Blanc" as JT calls it).
  • I have never had a bikini wax.
  • I didn't go to the prom.
  • I have never been to Kennywood.
You get the idea. I'm not at all aiming to create a "bucket list". Clearly the ship has sailed, quite happily in my case, on the prom! And some of this stuff I really have no desire to do. It's interesting to me but not terribly compelling.

There's another meme circulating on books you have read. It was an interesting list of but most of the books from the list I haven't read are not screaming my name. I am comfortable that my representative sample is appropriate for a well-rounded (ahem) liberal arts graduate.

Here's one more. I never had a child with a birth defect. I would like to help ensure that all parents can say that someday.

Can you say you haven't sponsored anyone for the March of Dimes walk? The burgh faithful are marching for Maddie and we are soooooo close to our goal. Please help us get there by sponsoring my walk.

No comments: