03 March 2009

shredding with the family

The whole going to bed early thing didn't really happen last night. Not surprisingly, the whole getting up early to shred was equally problematic this morning. Since I received something resembling divine inspiration (should you believe in that sort of thing) at my Weight Watchers weigh-in today, I resolved to do the shred workout when I got home from work. 

Tuesdays are always an adventure. We have to pick up the kids and get home by 5:45 because CD has a conference call at 6pm. Since I have to amuse the kids and cook dinner anyway, I thought watching the workout might distract them. It's new. It's novel. What the hell.

This was not a good idea. The problems were as follows:

  • Eleanor thought I should be holding her the whole time.
  • If I wasn't going to hold her, I should let her sit on me during the ab bits.
  • And if I was standing she should be able to weave through my legs.
  • Penguin thought my being on the floor was a perfect excuse to come over and lick my face.

The only thing funnier than watching me try to shred was watching Oliver try to do jumping jacks or kick his own butt. If we ever try this again I'm setting up the video camera and putting it on him.

There is a up side. I remembered to wear shoes


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you for giving it a shot though. I have not figured out how to exercise with children yet. I am looking forward to warmer weather and getting outside every day.

But I do need to come up with a serious plan to get back in shape. Eh, blog fodder for me, not comment fodder for you!

Keep it up. You can do it!

ciao,
rpm

Jenn said...

I am impressed by you trying. I have done yoga with a cat helping me - not so relaxing....

ClumberKim said...

rpm, if you're out of shape I've got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.