31 December 2007

no resolutions

And so it ends, this year of living rejectedly. There was a bright moment just before Christmas when I was actually asked to join something, rather than being asked to go away quietly. I am still feeling stunned by the phone call. We'll see what happens when the work begins. I'm looking forward to working with people who want me around and to contributing to an important cause.

So, just a little retrospective. In 2007:

  • I left a job, not of my own choosing
  • We moved to a new house that is fabulous and in a great neighborhood
  • We had another baby, our last baby
  • I learned staying at home, full-time, with two kids is no good for any of us
  • We didn't sell our other house
  • We didn't sleep much

And we hope in 2008 that:

  • I'll get a job
  • The other house will sell
  • We will add another Clumber to the family and I will get back to doing fun dog things
  • Our kids will continue to thrive and make us laugh more than cry
  • The smallest kid will sleep better, learn to walk, wean, and grow a little more slowly

No comments: