I suppose I could add a little chocolate and call it trail mix, but that would just lead to my eating it at times of the day other than breakfast. It would be gone even faster, though my efforts to make the December shipment last until January never work anyway.
5 cups rolled oats
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup chopped almonds or cashews
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup dried fruit
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Warm the oil and the honey together.
- Pour the oil, honey, and vanilla into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture in a large, shallow roasting pan. [Two cookie sheets with edges work well. The larger the pan, the crisper the granola.]
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Add dried fruit after the granola cools.