27 November 2007

Son- Tuesday

Behind again...how the heck did that happen? Son-day was supposed to be a regular feature, on SUNDAY (duh!) and dammit, it is going to be a regular feature. You'll just have to forgive me if it sometimes happens on Tuesday.

After nearly four days of all Oliver, all the time, I coughed up one of the items that was probably going to be a Christmas present, the Curious George tea set.This one was quite a find. Have you ever looked for a tea set that isn't pink? And doesn't have flowers? And isn't made of porcelain? Apparently tea sets aimed at little boys are not big sellers. This is the only option. Fortunately, Oliver is a huge fan of George so it worked out perfectly. So sorry if your son prefers Power Rangers.

A tea set for Oliver was suggested by one of his teachers. His morning arrival ritual includes finding the teapot in the kitchen area of the classroom, putting it on a wooden cutting board (tray!) and taking tea to some of his friends. About once a day he asks me to open one of our kitchen drawers at home to look at the teapot.

Needless to say, the tea set is a big hit. Getting him out the door was a challenge this morning, mostly due to his need to properly arrange the tea set before departure. I'm guessing the tea thing is genetic, and probably from my side of the family.

Here's where I need some help, internets. I picked up a really cute advent calendar at Starbucks. This is the first year Oliver will know what is happening at Christmas so I thought it would be fun to count down with him. We will leave out "advent" part, since we tend to ignore anything even slightly religious. The little drawers are all of 1.5" square. I don't want him to have chocolate every day but what can I put in those tiny drawers? I have some jelly beans but I'm not sure he will like them. I am hoping to find some tiny ornaments for the tree. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

Jami Fitch - Cumberland County SWCD said...

Here are my 2 cents:
- stickers,
- finger puppets,
- coins for his piggy bank (assuming he has one),
- magic grow capsules - adult supervision (check 'em out at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Grow-Capsules/dp/B000096R2E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=generic&qid=1196186665&sr=1-2)