30 November 2007

FFF - this sandwich is no turkey

Once again, Fabulous Food Friday is a no-brainer. Since I didn't make pie for Thanksgiving, and thus was unable to have pie for breakfast, the clear winner this week is a series of turkey sandwiches. I only made a turkey breast but we still had plenty of leftovers and I was lucky enough to have three great sandwiches, mostly the same but with slight variations as I perfected the "recipe". I will credit brining the turkey with it remaining moist and tasty through last weekend.

The first sandwich was very simple: Ciabatta roll with leftover cranberry sauce and spring mix lettuce from the farm. On the second I added a thin layer of reduced fat goat cheese spread with herbs from Coach Farm, and replaced the cranberry sauce with cranberry-ginger chutney from Trader Joe's. The final sandwich was just like the second, except I put it on onion ciabatta.

Three days, three turkey sandwiches, each a little better than the last.

Here ends NaBloPoMo. I may take a little break. I may not. We'll see what tomorrow brings. This post from Mary P is making me think. I even emailed the link to CD. We are not yet on the same page with regard to Oliver's eating (or not eating) dinner.

No comments: