29 November 2007

blog til you drop

It's the penultimate day of NaBloPoMo and I was afraid I had nothing to say. (Maybe my use of "penultimate" will boost the reading level of this blog!) Then I looked at the pile of flattened empty boxes in my garage and I realized I have been doing way too much shopping, Christmas and otherwise. Sharing some of my finds seems like a reasonable thing to do.

A Magnetic Skinny Strip from The Container Store arrived today and I put it up immediately. It's in the kitchen, next to the fridge, nearly invisible unless one is standing in just the right spot. Seems like the perfect place to hang the shopping list and other such things. It is just as sleek as it appears. And the magnets are WAAAAAY strong.

These decals were an early Christmas gift from my mom to Eleanor. I have moved them around a bit since this photo was taken. They are easy to move and leave no marks on the wall. You'll find them at Pottery Barn Kids.

I fell in love with everything at Tiny Sprouts. I managed to hold myself to a shirt for Oliver and a hoodie for Eleanor. When I ordered there was a deal to get a free bag so I got that too. The items are just as cute in person as they appear.

My current favorite site for browsing is Etsy. If you haven't checked it out, go there now and expect to be completely sucked in for a good hour or three. What could be better than handmade goodies for Christmas? I love Sarah Jane's illustrations, especially this one. It will be hanging in Oliver's room sometime in January. It's perfect since he's been "my little bunny" since the day he was born. He recently informed me I could not call Eleanor by this name because "Olver ittle bunny". I hope he likes this print as much as I do.

Also in the handmade realm, here's a plug for a friend. If you like handmade cards you need to see Tara's handiwork. I am hoping she gets so much interest in her cards that she needs a grunt to help her. (Ooooh, pick me, pick me!)

If you need a plate for those cookies you're leaving for Santa, visit the good folks at Mudpuddle Designs. I gave one of their plates a few years ago and it was adorable. Now that our family is complete, I ordered one for us. Their birthday plates are terrific too.

Just to be clear: No one paid me or asked me to post this info. No one sent me any freebies, except the bag from Tiny Sprouts, which was a bonus with purchase.

2 comments:

Jami Fitch - Cumberland County SWCD said...

I just discovered Etsy this week and LOVE IT! I have only looked at the jewelry so far (you know me), but I'm going to look for something for little B's room! Hooray for handmade!

ClumberKim said...

Jami, check out http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=28960

We got the pink alphabet for Eleanor and it's great. She even did a Clumber for "D" and a penguin for "P".