16 July 2007

they may look cute...

IMG_2801.JPG

But don't let appearances fool you. I should know by now that if I can't remember the last time Eleanor pooped I should be wearing a poncho made from a garbage bag (the poor man's hazmat suit). And she should probably spend the day in no more than 5 feet from the bathtub. Alas, mommy brain was at work today and I forgot these important directives.

In the middle of dinner Eleanor got very, very fussy. I looked to see what the problem was and I saw poop. In. Her. Armpit. I'm not sure how CD moved her from the carseat to the bouncy seat without noticing that her clothes were poopy, as well as the carseat.... but nevermind. I took her to the bathtub, getting poop all over my shirt and nearly everything else in our path. All aforementioned poopy items, including the bouncy seat cover and carseat liner, went into the wash. After coating everything with copious amounts of my favorite stain remover, I decided to give a detergent sample I got in the mail a chance to work its magic. And magic it seems to be. Tide, I think I love you (even though you used to give me hives).

To cap off a perfect night, Oliver sat on the potty and peed. All over me. If he would let me leave the splash guard on the potty seat, we would have had our first SUCCESSFUL POTTY EXPERIENCE. That made two wardrobe changes in about an hour. At least I managed to get through dinner cleanup unscathed.

In other news, Eleanor had her three-month shots today. She weighed in at over 15 pounds, but that was before the TAE.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I could never get Lucas let me keep the pee guard on so I instead invented the "Magic Square" -- a couple squares of tp I put between Lucas' legs to catch the stray pee. For some reason, he loved it! Thankfully now he stands....

ClumberKim said...

I tried the TP trick but it didn't work. Oliver thought it was worse than the splash guard, which he eventually tolerated. So maybe it did work!