19 July 2007

most of the time I really like Pittsburgh

Then I read crap like this in Letters to the Editor in the Post-Gazette (July 14, 2007):

Gov. Ed Rendell signed a law making it legal to breast-feed in public ("New Pa. Law Allows Breast-feeding in Public," July 9)?

What about the people who don't want to see this? I, for one, do not want to be walking through a mall only to see mothers breast-feeding their children. One would think the mothers would have enough respect for those around them not to do this in public. Don't they think about how uncomfortable this might make people around them?

These mothers showed with their rally at a mall that they do not care about the rights of those around them, only of their right to do as they please because they have children. I'm not sure what Sen. Connie Williams, D-Montgomery, is referring to when she calls the bill "so commonsensical" -- she must be referring to the common sense parents have that makes them think they are better than the rest of us. It was their choice to have children; it's my choice not to care.

BLAIR STACKHOUSE
Uptown



Breastfeeding is disrespectful? If I breastfeed I think I'm better than someone else? Feeding my hungry child is "doing as I please"? Sometimes I just don't understand how their brains work.

No comments: